Business Shapers

Monthly Archives: January 2016

  • Shaper: Laurence Isaacson

    Show aired on 30th January 2016 Laurence Isaacson CBE FRSA BScEcon Laurence studied economics at LSE and graduated in  1963. His early career was in marketing and advertising with Unilever before he set up his own advertising agency – The Creative Business – in 1972. His clients included Nestle, Gillette, General Foods, Shell and Unilver. He… Read more

  • Hinkley Point C: further delay on EDF’s final investment decision

    EDF’s board had been expected to make the final investment decision today on a new nuclear power station, Hinkley Point C. EDF currently has a 66.5% stake in the project with two state-owned Chinese investors taking the remaining 33.5%. EDF has however again delayed making a decision and there a number of valid reasons its… Read more

  • Shaper: Diane Young

    Show aired on 23rd January 2016 Diane Young co-owns The Drum – an outlet covering marketing, advertising, design and digital news – and its associated companies. She was PPA UK Publishing Innovator of the Year 2014-15. The Drum website is visited by 1 million people every month with 30% of those coming from outside the… Read more

  • Shaper: Kresse Wesling

    Show aired on 16th January 2016 Kresse Wesling, MBE, is a multi-award winning environmental entrepreneur and Young Global Leader with a background in venture capital and significant start-up experience. After first meeting with the London Fire Brigade in 2005, Kresse launched Elvis & Kresse, which turns industrial waste into innovative lifestyle products and returns 50% of profits to… Read more

  • What London’s quarterly economic survey results say about Q4’s performance…

    The current global economic climate – with on-going instability in China, the question of a Brexit hanging over Europe and the first interest rate hike in the US in a decade – was an interesting backdrop for the launch of London Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s (LCCI) Q4 2015 results of its London Quarterly Economic… Read more

  • Shaper: Tobi Schneidler

    Show aired on 9th January 2016 Tobi is founder and CEO at Bouncepad, a fast-growing technology company that helps retailers reboot stores for the digital age. Based in London and Boston, Bouncepad products are now used in more than 50 countries. Tobi’s background in architecture led him to question how the next generation of commercial space… Read more

  • Meet Unruly Co-Founder Sarah Wood

    Author: Annabel Denham Source: The Huffington Post With studies suggesting that women managers are often believed to be less achievement-orientated, competent and capable than their male counterparts, it’s not surprising that both scholars and women entrepreneurs alike often frame entrepreneurship as one avenue where women can avoid discrimination. Working in the entrepreneurial community, however, I… Read more